Thursday, April 29, 2010

People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost. ~H. Jackson Browne

I saw this quote and it really stopped me in my tracks, because its a concept I have come to embrace.  Through my different experiences and journeys, I have learned that one finds happiness only by traveling "their own road."  At different points in my life, I have sought advice from family, friends, aquaintances, and colleagues.  There were also many times that advice came unsolicited.  In either event and whether I took the advice or not it was experiencing emotion, making new choices, having fresh experiences and believing in myself and abilities that lead me to the place I am today.  I am happy.  Very happy!  Still, I know there will be turns on my road that may make me waiver.  What I can be sure of   (based on my past) is that I choose my attitude.  It is an old saying that "there is no way to happiness, happiness is the way."  I surely believe that is true, but each person must realize that for themself and respect others on their own happiness path.
(picture courtesy of the daily mail online)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer, xoxo

All pictures on XOXO, Eliana are sometimes from other blogs, google, flickr, etsy etc..and strictly for the purpose of blogging. I try to give credit on most pics, and if for some reason I have not -sorry!!! Send me a message and I will credit you and link it back to your blog. XOXO